Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Family

I miss my family and friends. I have had a hard time adjusting to being away. I have been here off and on since the end of September 2005. I went to the States in December to have our son. I was so unhappy that my family could not be a part of this.
I believe if things in my life back home were not so good than it would be much easier being here. But my life was good and the people in it were great. I had routines and that was good for me. I miss not having my family and friends to call on.
Yes, I know it would be easier if I knew the language some but I do not yet. I have not had time. I want to learn more and I will try. I will survive and I can make from day to day now as it is.
I do hope that my daughter can learn the language and have the experience of a life time. I to know we will be able to visit places we may have never seen before. See I do have some positive views on my situation.
This is a very tough situation sometimes. Be very sure if you decide to do this.
You don’t know what you got till it is gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to keep a scrapbook about with pictures and things that you liked and places you went. That way when its over and your back in the USA you can look at the book and only remember the nice things. Envolve Skylar with this and it will be something that you both can do.

Anonymous said...

Hi there -
We will be in your shoes soon! My husband is tranferring to Erlangen (from WA state) - is that where you are now? We have 2 little girls and would hope to make friends when we arrive!
We are coming in June...is there something from home (USA)you would like us to bring? :)
I've enjoyed reading your blog - and your stroller entry settled a debate my husband and I were having too! :)
~Heather Long cnhlong@gmail.com

JasonJ said...

Thabks alot for both comments. Great idea Grandaddy we are going to start a photo album.
Heather thanks for your comment. I e-mailed you. And yes I am in Erlangen. Just near the city Zentrum(Center).

Anonymous said...

You may not have been able to go to Rome if you hadn't been in Germany so that's a great thing to bring from this experience! Hurry home -- only a few more weeks and you'll be here with those you miss, if only for a brief visit.
Better than none -- can't wait to see all your smiling faces!